Liver Health and Raw Detox Salad
Man! A few more rookie mistakes, but this one is definitely better than the first. Next time I will definitely make sure that my ‘close-up’ angle actually captures my entire body before I wrap up for the day and I’m also gonna look into finding a microphone that plugs into my tablet so I can get some better sound quality for y’all. On a positive note, I feel like I’m getting a little more comfortable behind the camera and presenting my message in a clear way while maintaining eye contact and staying on topic.
Anyways, what’s really important is that I was able to briefly review phase I and phase II detoxification and share a real simple way that we can utilize everyday foods like broccoli, cauliflower and parsley to aid the liver in one of its primary functions. I hope to post a more thorough run-down of the phase I and phase II detoxification process soon so that those interested can familiarize themselves how important this process is in lasting health and wellness.
However, what kind of health and wellness advocate would I be if I didn’t immediately provide the Raw Detox Salad recipe that I prepared in the video so that y’all could start improving phase II detox activation immediately?! So, without further adieu…
Raw Detox Salad
- 1 large head broccoli
- 1 medium head cauliflower
- 2-3 cups shredded carrots
- ½ cup sunflower seeds or pepitas (pumpkin seeds)
- 1 cup currants or raisins
- ½ cup parsley
- 4-6 tbsp. lemon juice
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Kelp, dulse or other sea veg granules, to taste (optional)
- Maple syrup (optional)
- In a food processor, process broccoli until fine and transfer to large bowl.
- Repeat step 1 with cauliflower and then shredded carrots.
- Stir sunflower seeds, currants or raisins, parsley and lemon juice into processed veggies.
- Add salt, pepper and sea granules, if using, to taste.
- Lightly drizzle with maple syrup, if using.
Honestly, how simple is that?! Oh, and here’s the pretty picture I promised you.
Thanks again for all your support and if you have any suggestions, please do not hesitate to comment below or shoot me a message through the contact page. Thanks again for taking the time to learn more about the liver and liver detox with me. Hope to see you soon!